Thursday, May 31, 2012

Precious Friend

Just days after I had been working on my post about being 10 years cancer free I received a package in the mail all the way from Hawaii. My dear friend, Stacy, sent me a precious pendant to commemorate my 10 years post cancer. She sent it the end of April (it took that long to come to Poland and clear customs, I guess).

Stacy certainly walked that journey with me and her sweet note to me blessed me so much. Inside the pendant are symbols representing certain things. Here's what Stacy put inside:
God's faithfulness - cross charm
Worldwide prayer - world charm
Top Oncologist (mine was) - medical symbol charm
Month of diagnosis - May birthstone
Month of first treatment - June birthstone
Month of last treatment - March birthstone
Travel (cheap tickets she wrote!) - airplane charm
Breast cancer - pink ribbon charm
Survivor plate

If you read my earlier post, you can see that significant to me was God's faithfulness throughout the whole time. I also mentioned God providing quick and cheap airfare, a quick consultation and treatment plan with a top oncologist, and people praying for us around the world. So precious that she caught all those miracles from the Lord.

Stacy here with her girls Hope and Jenna

I think of how cool God is and that He blessed Stacy and I with such a friendship. Love you Stace!





No comments: