Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mr Benedict!!


Somewhere mid July I grabbed The Mysterious Benedict Society off the shelf to read to the girls while on a road trip. We got a few chapters in, loved it, then returned home. Kelsey then proceeded to take the book and finish it in the next 2 days. She even passed on a movie in order to finish the book!

Now that brought me great joy. Jillian proceeded to finish it as well over the next few weeks on her own and with me reading parts along the way.

Soon we ordered book 2 and again, in a few days, both girls finished the book. 

Now let me tell you, it's a great read: full of puzzles, word teasers, challenges and danger. I'm so excited for the eager interest in reading now in our home and I will remember that it was Mr Benedict and his friends that made it happen.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love those books! :)